Installing a white kitchen is every homeowner’s dream. It brings calmness, expansiveness, modernity, and crispness to the aesthetics. However, people fear white kitchens because they feel that white cabinets will lose their sheen and luminous surface and would be very difficult to maintain.
In this article, we will discuss the type of white designs you can use and even some tips to keep them clean and brilliant for a long time.
If you are based in North Vancouver and you are looking for experienced veterans to carry out your kitchen renovation, you must give 5 Day Kitchens or Heilman Renovations a try. Both these companies have 20 plus years of experience in kitchen cabinets designing and other home spaces and are one of the best in their field providing premium service and renovation ideas.
Types of white designing for cabinets
1. Thermo foil-faced cabinets:
- The core material of these cabinets remains fibreboard while a thin melamine white coating is applied on the top to get a consistent white color.
- They help in preventing particle board from retaining any moisture and increase its longevity.
- Although very stylish, this kitchen design is more prone to chipping which is also very difficult to repair and may need rebuilding from scratch.
2. Refaced white kitchen:
- It gives you the hardwood aesthetics without investing into the actual cost of completely wooden interiors.
- You can hire a kitchen company to reface the existing cabinets that will remove them, face the surface with veneer, and reface the exposed surfaces with hardwood veneers.
- The only downside to refacing is that it will not provide a new outlook to the interior surface of the cabinets but will change the outer aesthetics only.
3. Painted white cabinets:
- This is usually done on cabinets made out of real wood.
- The wood needs to be prepped thoroughly to take on a smooth paint finish.
- As easy as it sounds, it is a tedious job and needs all cabinets and drawers to be unscrewed, removed, prepped, painted, and then screwed back.
- Since it requires professional hands, you might consider hiring an experienced kitchen contractor to ease out the work for you.
Tips on keeping white cabinets clean and shiny
- To keep your white cabinets from turning yellow, keep them protected from direct sunlight by installing curtains, blinds, or tinted windows.
- Use exhaust fans or chimneys at all times while using the kitchen to prevent the accumulation of grease particles.
- Do a monthly clean-up with a mixture of baking soda, vinegar, and warm water.
- You can clean the sink with household bleach or lemon and club soda mixture. Let either liquid soak the sink for 30 minutes and then give it a good warm water rinse.
- Use an old toothbrush to clean the grout in between the tiles. Using a baking soda paste and spurting vinegar on top will remove all stains and dust.
- Use baking soda and detergent mix to wipe off any stains from the laminate the covers the countertops. However, keep the cleaning time short as moisture destroys the laminate very easily.
If you follow these tips regularly, you can enjoy a clean and bright white cabinet for a very long time without worrying about losing its aesthetic appeal.