Parador flooring is a type of engineered wood flooring made from a thin layer of hardwood bonded to a core of high-density fiberboard (HDF) or plywood. This flooring option offers the aesthetic appeal of hardwood flooring with the durability and easy installation of engineered wood. Parador flooring comes in a range of styles and finishes, including smooth, textured, and distressed looks.
Maintenance of Parador flooring is essential to keep it looking its best and to prolong its lifespan. Here are some tips to help you maintain your Parador flooring:
- Sweep or Vacuum Regularly: Sweep or vacuum your Parador flooring regularly to remove dirt and dust. Use a soft-bristled broom or a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush attachment to avoid scratching the surface of the flooring.
- Clean up Spills Immediately: Clean up any spills immediately to prevent moisture from seeping into the flooring and causing damage. Use a soft cloth to blot up spills, and avoid using a wet mop or excessive water.
- Use a Damp Mop: When it’s time to clean your Parador flooring, use a damp mop and a mild cleaning solution. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners that could damage the surface of the flooring.
- Avoid Scratches: Prevent scratches on your Parador flooring by placing furniture pads under the legs of chairs, tables, and other furniture. Avoid dragging heavy furniture across the flooring, and consider using area rugs in high-traffic areas.
- Protect Against Sunlight: Excessive exposure to sunlight can cause your Parador flooring to fade or discolor over time. Use window coverings or blinds to protect your flooring from direct sunlight, especially during peak hours of the day.
- Regular Maintenance: Every few months, give your Parador flooring a deeper clean. Use a specialized Parador flooring cleaner to remove any stubborn stains or dirt. Avoid using steam cleaners or excessive water during this process.
- Keep It Dry: Finally, it’s important to keep your Parador flooring dry at all times. Avoid leaving wet or damp items on the flooring for an extended period, as this can cause moisture damage.
In conclusion, Parador flooring is an excellent flooring option that offers the beauty of hardwood flooring with the durability and ease of installation of engineered wood. With proper maintenance and care, your Parador flooring will provide you with many years of beauty and function in your home. By following these tips, you can help to ensure that your Parador flooring looks its best and lasts for many years to come.