Winter can be tough on our feet – the cold weather and dry air leaves many of us with cracked, calloused heels. An Epsom salt foot soak is a relaxing and therapeutic way to soothe tired feet and get them sandal-ready for spring. Here are seven benefits of an Epsom salt foot soak:
- Relief from pain and inflammation: Epsom salt is a natural anti-inflammatory that can help reduce swelling, bruising, and pain. It’s also effective in treating conditions like gout and arthritis.
- Detoxification: An Epsom salt foot soak can help draw out toxins from the body and cleanse the lymph nodes.
- Improved circulation: The magnesium in Epsom salt helps to improve blood flow and circulation, which can reduce stiffness, joint pain, and muscle cramps.
- Stress relief: Soaking your feet in Epsom salt can help to relieve stress and tension. The magnesium sulfate is absorbed through the skin, which helps to calm the nervous system.
- Better sleep: An Epsom salt foot soak can help you to fall asleep faster and achieve a deeper, more restful sleep.
- Softens rough skin: If you have rough, calloused skin on your heels or toes, an Epsom salt foot soak can help to soften and exfoliate the dead skin cells.
- Kills bacteria: The anti-bacterial properties of Epsom salt make it an effective treatment for athlete’s foot, nail fungus, and fungal infections of the skin.
Try an Epsom salt foot soak today
There’s no harm in treating your feet to an Epsom foot soak – we’re confident you’ll notice some (if not all) of the benefits listed above. Preparing an Epsom salt foot soak is remarkably easy – simply soak your feet for 20-30 minutes in a solution of 1 cup Epsom salt dissolved in warm water for best results.